Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

My First Portrait Session



So I did my first portrait session back in September of this year with my Rebella and her kit lens, which was all I had at the moment. The models in my first portraits are no other than my children. Well, that's a great way to start, don't ya think?

The purpose of this session was for my son's senior picture. He will be graduating from high school in 2013. Makes me feel old when I think of it. I did not want to pay someone to take the photos so I promised him that I will be his photographer and save us a few hundred bucks.

The location was at Grant Park in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We didn't travel too far to get there. That's like a 15 minute drive from home. We got there around 3 pm. It was a rather nice day out. Temperature was mild and partly cloudy sky. 

Pictures taken by the lake were rather difficult to take. The entire area that we were are was in the shade but it was really bright out. And pictures came out best with the flash. It was also very windy so blowing their hair all over the place.











My daughter, who is 15, tagged along and I also took some pictures of her which also turned out quite nice.
The original pictures were rather dull looking but after editing, they turned out pretty decently good. It would have been nicer if I had a better lens but I guess that's not too shabby either. Still turned out better than I expected. 
 











No comments:

Post a Comment