Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

My First Prime Lens + Test Shots




After much research, I have decided to settle with the 50mm f/1.4 and make it my first prime lens. I am stoked! I grabbed this baby from Best Buy on Black Friday for $339.99. Eh, I guess that wasn't really much of a sale because this lens typically cost anywhere between $350 and $400.

I was going back and forth between the 50mm f/1.8 and f/1.4 because there is a significant difference in price. The 1.8 is cost about $100, which makes it totally affordable but after reading the reviews, I felt like the 1.4 was a better investment since it is built better.

Why did I pick this lens?

  • Wide aperture, which allows this lens to take pictures in low light, create shallow depth of field, and beautiful bokeh.
  • Because of it's wide aperture, it's also considered a fast lens.
  • It has the normal focal length and is ideal for portrait photography. Please note that the minimum focusing distance with this lens is 18 inches or 45 cm.
  • I also found that the focusing motor is more quiet than my kit lens.







For now these are just a few test shot. These pictures were taken with Canon T3i and have not been edited other than resized and watermarked. This lens takes beautiful pictures. I'm in love with the bokeh.



Aperture f 2.8, shutter speed 1/60 sec, ISO 800, no flash, artificial light indoor.


Aperture f 2.8, shutter speed 1/60 sec, ISO 800, no flash, artificial light indoor.



Aperture f 2.8, shutter speed 1/60 sec, ISO 800, no flash, artificial light indoor.



Aperture f 2, shutter speed 1/100 sec, ISO 800, no flash, artificial light indoor.


Aperture f 2.8, shutter speed 1/60 sec, ISO 800, no flash, artificial light indoor.



Aperture f 2.8, shutter speed 1/60 sec, ISO 800, no flash,dim light coming from
the hallway and soft light coming from the base of the candle

Luuux Shared Link


No comments:

Post a Comment